TEC CERTIFICATION (MANDATORY TESTING AND CERTIFICATION OF TELECOM EQUIPMENTS (MTCTE)
The approval is given to the Telecom equipment that will be interfaced with the Public Switched Network in India as per the TEC standards and specifications. Type Approval certificate is a technical compliance certificate to the GR for the specific category of equipment. The in-country testing is mandatory for granting the Type Approval certificate after meeting the documentation requirement and the eligibility criteria for the applicant..
Standards and Specifications
Fixed Line Access (FLA)
Information Technology (I)
Information Technology (I)
Issue of Generic Requirements (GR), Interface Requirements (IR), Service Requirements (SR) and Standards for Telecom Products and Services
The scope of certification would cover all types of telecom equipment to be sold in India for being connected or capable of being connected to Indian telecom network. The effective dates for certification becoming mandatory for different products is notified by the Government separately. For the purpose of clarity, Table-2 under Annexure-I indicates types of equipment not covered by mandatory testing. Further, list of equipment presently exempted from the requirement of mandatory testing under proviso to Rule 529 is given in Table- 3 under Annexure-I. Highly Specialized equipment, as notified by Government from time to time are not covered by MTCTE.
The technical regulations prescribed under this framework are in the form of Essential Requirements. The Essential Requirements (ER) to be complied for the purpose of certification under this procedure will include following:
i. EMI/ EMC : As prescribed by TEC
ii. Safety : As prescribed by TEC
iii. Technical requirements: As prescribed by TEC
iv. Other requirements: As notified by TEC/ DoT/ any Government Agency from time to time
v. Security Requirements: As per notification issued by DoT.
Check List for Interface Approval Documents to be submitted:
1. Forwarding letter (Sample).
2. Template Form 'A'.
3. Compliance Report as per TEC "IR" & TSTP (Sample).
4. Industrial License/SSI Registration /Certificate of Incorporation / RBI Permission to open Branch Office, FIPB clearance as applicable etc.
5. Foreign collaboration copy (if applicable).
6. System specifications containing features and capabilities of the equipment put for approval.
7. User's Operating Manual
8. Software and hardware installation guides. Systems support and maintenance guide.
9. An Affidavit, attested by Notary Public for each model put for approval.
10. Infrastructure Assessment Form for the product offered by the Manufacturer to the first time & Infrastructure Assessment shall be carried out for only Indian Manufacturers only.
11. In case of traders, authorization letter from the manufacturer appointing him as trader for the product indicating the period of validity if fixed or open ended. MOU also required to be submitted if available.
12. In case of trader/Branch Office declaration that he has Test and Repair facility for the product.
13. EMC and EMI test results and test certificates from authorized accredited lab as per TEC IR, if applicable.
14. Availability of Test Instruments and calibration certificates of those instruments need to be submitted to TEC.
15. Each Page of the documents to be submitted should be stamped and signed by the authorized signatory.
Table : List of Equipment Covered by MTCTE
Name of Equipment
Executive Telephone System
Electronic Telephone Instrument
Key Telephone Systems
2-Line Feature Phone
Coin Box Telephone
Terminals for connecting to PSTN
Audio Conferencing Facility Device
Multi Line Telephone System
Group 3 FAX Machine
Point of Sales (POS) Terminal
Smart Electricity meter
Smart Security Camera
Mobile Handsets and Dongles
Compact Cellular Network
Microwave Communication Equipment
UHF/ VHF Communication Equipment
Mobile Radio Trunking System Equipment
Equipment Operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Frequency Bands
Satellite System equipment
Session Border Controller
Telephony Application Server
Telephony Media Server
Digital cross Connect
AR GLOBAL SERVICES team includes many experienced people from the corporate industry who have been working for various esteemed organisations.